Sunday, May 29, 2011

A long time coming


This blog has been waiting to happen for years. After I no longer had time to keep up with the blog I had written about just being Isaiah's mommy (which was outdated as soon as Melora was born anyway,) I at first felt a sense of relief and then guilt that I was no longer writing. Somehow the expectation that I had to blog on a regular basis moved it from being something enjoyable to just another task on my to do list. The truth, though, is that I love to write, and I love to record and remember. I love to know that these precious years when my kids are little will not be forgotten or crowded out of my brain with grocery lists and football scores. The most precious things I have are my Savior and my family, and here I can reminisce about them both to my heart's content. And so I will.

Isaiah is now five, Melora is three, and Clara is one. Isaiah just graduated from preschool (he made the dean's list every semester....joking - only joking!) and Melora will be entering preschool in the fall, which is when we will begin homeschooling Isaiah, to be followed by the rest of our kids after they are done with preschool. So here are our months to relax and enjoy having a short to-do list. I'm excited for a summer of adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment